After feasting on decadent food over the holidays, we're in the mood for something a little lighter these days. Fresh endives with juicy oranges, crunchy almonds, creamy goat cheese and coarsely cracked red pepper make for a refreshing appetizer.
Adapted from a recipe by The Smitten Kitchen
- 3 Oranges
- 3 Endives, leaves separated
- 3 Ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 Cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Sherry vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chives, chopped
- Freshly ground red DRØM Pepper to finish
- Maldon sea salt or other flaky sea salt to finish
Serves 4 as an appetizer
Trim end off endives and arrange individually separated leaves on a platter. Fill each leaf with orange segments, add goat cheese crumbles and almond slices. Drizzle with a very thin stream of olive oil and a few droplets of sherry vinegar. Top with chives and finish each endive leaf with red DRØM Pepper and flaky sea salt.