For an easy and delicious weeknight dinner, may we suggest that you make this pasta dish with shredded butternut squash and sage? Top it off with some parmesan and freshly cracked pepper and serve it with whatever greens you happen to have lying around. It reheats beautifully, so you might want to save some for lunch the following day.
Adapted from a recipe by Bon Appétit
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups shredded butternut squash (shredded with the coarse grating attachment on a food processor)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh sage
- 1 pound short curled pasta
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more
- Freshly cracked black DRØM Pepper
Serves approximately 6
Heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add shredded squash and sage and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash begins to brown, about 20 minutes. In the meantime, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 2 cups pasta cooking liquid.
Add pasta and 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid to squash and stir to coat. Cook over medium heat, stirring, adding more cooking liquid as needed, until sauce coats pasta. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Divide pasta among bowls; top with freshly cracked black DRØM Pepper plus more Parmesan.